em português: http://arteemcadaponto.blogspot.com/


Corrections are welcome!!!

Nov 12, 2010

Moving...

Since I started to embroider many things happened, including move to another country. In 2005, my husband and I moved to the United States - it should be for two years .. but it is 5 already .... but that's for another blog.
  
Of course I brought my cross-stitch stuff with me (long time collecting floss e patterns to leave behind). 

What matters is that now I had all day to embroider ... looking for free patterns on line ... I chose few .... print out 2 .... and when I started the process to get the threads that I already have and see which one I need to buy... what a surprise: here in US I only could find DMC I had to start again ... from scratch ... because when we convert from one brand to another, the color is very close, but not exactly the same. I can't take risk of any color finish in the middle of a job, can I?

The first project that I made here - Creation of Eden - was a little tiring .... it was large (200 x 147 stitches), I chose a fabric of small stitches again and little variation of colors (14 colors) ... as always, it can take some time to get finished, but I'm done.

  
Figure 01: Pattern 569
(14 colors used, stitches: 147 H x 200 W)

That's it...

No comments:

Post a Comment