em português: http://arteemcadaponto.blogspot.com/


Corrections are welcome!!!

Nov 15, 2010

Flowers!

I did not realize that my posts were thematic - collection, landscapes, wolves, little vases .... - I will follow this model until I post my projects already finished.

I made 3 projects with flowers.... 2 of pansies (same pattern) and a daisy.

The first one, the Daisy (Figure 01), I did a modification on my own:  I changed the background from full cross-stitch to half-stitch (the chart asked all stitches in full cross-stitch). My idea was to pop the flower up in this work . I liked the result so much that I started to do this modification often.
 
Figure 01: Daisy
(18 colors used, stitches: 170 H x 170 W)

I have another flower to pair with this ... but it is still in line waiting its turn.

I also made two embroideries of pansies: a gift for my mother (following exactly the pattern - I'll take pictures to post here the next time I visit her) and one for me, where once again I made a few modifications on my own ... I made the background using half-stitch instead full cross-stitch, and petals, for some colors, I used metallic thread together the specified color for each stitch. I think the result was very very good!

Figure 02: Pansies
(54 colors used, stitches: 98 H x 150 W)

I thought the metallic thread is very difficult to use, but not impossible. I already have a project for the future  were I'm thinking to change the background to half-stitch again and also to use the metallic thread in some details... but this is for the future ... and consequently,  another post.

That's it...

No comments:

Post a Comment